[UDUNITS #BRT-487845]: udunits problem when running cfchecks

Si,

Unfortunately, the user only said the following on how they solved the problem:

> We found the way to fix it, we did configure/make/make install twice but
> just added the LDFLAGS link to itself at second round.

Their answer doesn't indicate if they applied their solution to the UDUNITS-2
package or to the cfchecks package.

I suggest trying the following with the UDUNITS-2 package:

    make distclean
    ./configure ... LDFLAGS="-L$prefix/lib -lexpat" >configure.log 2>&1
    make install >install.log 2>&1

The above assumes that $prefix is set to the installation prefix
("/glade/u/home/siliu/udunits/2.1.24/gnu/4.7.2" in your case) and that a
standard user-shell is used.

In any case, the cfchecks package needs to be modified to obtain the Expat
library.

> Hi Steve,
>
> I contacted Unidata since I saw the online discuss of an identical
> problems here:
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/udunits/msg00800.html
>
> Since that ticket is closed successfully, I just wander how you
> resolved that problems before.
>
> I will do some research on cfchecks as well.
> Best wishes,
> Sincerely Si
>
> Si Liu
> Consulting Services Group
> NCAR Computational & Information Services Laboratory
> Knowledge Management Chair of SEA
> Office: Mesa Lab, Room 51A
> Phone: (303) 497-2430

Regards,