[Support #RXO-990248]: [udunits] Removal of "bits" units at UNDUNITS-2

Ian,

[I moved your email into our support tracking system.]

> Does anyone know why "bits" was removed as an acceptable unit at
> UDUNITS-2 please?

I forgot? :-)

Seriously, it's not much of a unit since it means the same thing as "1",
"count", or even "".

> It was there in UDUNITS-1, and I find it quite
> useful.

Really? Have you actually used the unit "bit"? If so, then you would be the
first person to do so to my knowledge.

> How would I start the reinstatement ball rolling?

You just did.  :-)