[UDUNITS #QBI-147725]: Problem Installing udunits-1.12.9

Fernando,

> I'm trying to install udunits 1.12.9 (some programs I'm using depend on
> this older version). But make fails with
>
> make[1]: *** [utparse.c] Error 1
> make: *** [lib/all] Error 1
>
> This is what I ran for configure
>
> # CPPFLAGS='-Df2cFortran' CC=/usr/bin/gcc CFLAGS='-O -fno-builtin'
> PERL=/usr/bin/perl FC=g77 FFLAGS=-O ./configure
>
> I have placed further information here
>
> https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/miguez/shared/udunits
>
> yacc seems to be the problem. I have installed byacc (20070509-1.1) and
> btyacc (3.0-5).

The error-message from yacc(1)

yacc -b utparse -d -p ut utparse.y
usage: yacc [OPTIONS] file
  -b prefix    Change `y' into `prefix' in all output filenames
  -d           Generate header file `y.tab.h'
  -DNAME       Define btyacc preprocessor variable NAME
  -E           Print preprocessed grammar to stdout
  -l           Do not insert #line directives into generated code
  -r           Write tables to `y.tab.c', code to `y.code.c'
  -S x.skel    Select parser skeleton
  -t           Include debugging code in generated parser
  -v           Write description of parser to `y.output'

indicates that it is a non-standard yacc(1).  This is odd because your Linux
2.6.27-14-generic system is similar to my Linux 2.6.27.7-134.fc10.x86_64
system.  What is the absolute pathname of your yacc(1) utility?  Is there a
standard yacc(1) utility on your system (mine is /usr/bin/yacc)?

If you want to use bison(1), then execute the command "make distclean", set the
environment variable YACC to "bison -y", and re-execute the configure(1) script.

Execute the command "./configure --help" additional information on executing
the configure(1) script.

> Thanks in advance you for your help,
>
> Fernando
>
> --