[UDUNITS #RMZ-185423]: problems building udunits-1.12.4

Ellyn,

> Is doing the fortran compile mandatory?  I am trying to make udunits to
> make nco, and I am fairly sure that it uses only c or c++, so maybe
> since the problem seems to be in the port part, maybe I can just avoid
> it.  (cheap way out, but maybe expedient)

Unfortunately, while a Fortran compiler isn't necessary, building
a Fortran interface is: the package is set-up that way and
can't be easily changed.  Fortunately, it's a simple matter of
just telling the build procedure to use a particular set of
Fortran calling conventions -- regardless of whether or not they
ever get used.

Ticket ID: RMZ-185423
Department: Support UDUNITS