[UDUNITS #LTB-717744]: ut_read_xml() behavior

Charlie,

> Found some time to convert UDUnits->UDUnits2 for NCO.
> The code is committed to the NCO CVS head and will be in 3.9.2.
> It is activated by building with UDUNITS2=Y.
> The key changes are all in
>
> http://nco.cvs.sourceforge.net/nco/nco/src/nco/nco_lmt.c?view=markup
>
> I'll start reporting oddities in small chunks.
>
> First, ut_read_xml() does not work as expected for me:
>
> ut_sys=ut_read_xml();
>
> 1. It does not pay attention to my UDUNITS2_XML_PATH
> 2. It does not automagically find the installed location
> /usr/local/share/udunits2.xml
>
> It only seems to work if hard code the path
>
> ut_sys=ut_read_xml("/usr/local/share/udunits2.xml");
>
> Can you verify this behavior (or is it me)?

First off, thanks for looking at the package.  I really appreciate it.

Second, I don't seem to have the problem you described with the
UDUNITS2_XML_PATH environment variable.  Here's a demonstration
from the root of the installation directory:

# demonstrates finding installed database:
$ pwd
/home/steve/udunits2
$ bin/udunits2 -A
udunits2: Using default XML database
You have:
$ UDUNITS2_XML_PATH=/dev/null bin/udunits2 -A
udunits2: Using default XML database
udunits2: Couldn't initialize unit-system from database "(null)"
$ rm share/udunits2.xml
$ bin/udunits2 -A
udunits2: Using default XML database
udunits2: Couldn't initialize unit-system from database "(null)"
#
# demonstrates finding UDUNITS2-XML_PATH database:
$ UDUNITS2_XML_PATH=src/lib/udunits2.xml bin/udunits2 -A
udunits2: Using default XML database
You have: W
You want:
    m2.kg.s-3