[UDUNITS #NQM-991721]: UDUNITS - udunits: undeclared _POSIX_PATH_MAX

Ana,

> Institution: IST
> Package Version: 1.12.4
> Operating System: Suse 9.3
> Hardware Information: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1.80 GHz
> Inquiry: Hello,
> I'm trying to install udunits to use RNetCDF package in CRAN.
>
> The error in make.log is:
> utlib.c:169: error: `_POSIX_PATH_MAX' undeclared here (not in a function)

The symbol _POSIX_PATH_MAX should be defined by the header-file
<limits.h>.  Look at that file and any files that it includes to
discover where _POSIX_PATH_MAX is defined.  What other macros
must be defined in order to have _POSIX_PATH_MAX defined?  Try
adding those macro definitions to the CPPFLAGS variable before
executing the "configure" script.

> but there are several fails in the config.log.

That is to be expected because "config.log" contains output
from running tests on the environment (some tests succeed
and some fail).

> I have read and re-read the INSTALL file and the forums, but I can't seem to
> understand what this problem is.
>
> uname -a :
> Linux pc41 2.6.11.4-21.15-default #1 Tue Nov 28 13:39:58 UTC 2006 i686 i686
> i386 GNU/Linux
>
> others:
> gcc (GCC) 3.3.5 20050117 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)
>
> pgf90 6.1-6 32-bit target on x86 Linux
>
> perl, v5.8.6 built for i586-linux-thread-multi
>

> The configure line was:
> ./configure CC=gcc CPPFLAGS=-DpgiFortran LDFLAGS='-lm' &> configure.log

That's a good command-line.  SUSE must have changed something in
the development environment from the original Linux.

Ticket ID: NQM-991721
Department: Support UDUNITS