[UDUNITS #NAU-640113]: install. problem with udunits 1.12.4 and mandriva 2006 (2.6.12-24mdk kernel x86_64 proc)

Bruno,

> I can add an information :
> the   file "./confstaty1835/subs-3.sed" looks like :
> /subs-3.sed
> :t
> /@[a-zA-Z_][a-zA-Z_0-9]*@/!b
> s,@PERL_TEST@,perl/test,;t t
> s,@PERL_INSTALL@,perl/install,;t t
> s,@PERL_CLEAN@,perl/clean,;t t
> s,@PERL_DISTCLEAN@,perl/distclean,;t t
> s,@PERL_MANUAL@,udunitsperl.1,;t t
> s,@FTPDIR@,\033]1;lxtramm2\07\c
> \033]2;lxtramm2:piguet\07\c
> /var/ftp/pub/udunits,;t t
> s,@LTLIBOBJS@,,;t t
>
> It looks like it tries to set a multi-line value to FTPDIR, which fails.
>
> Configure should filter out line-feeds in FTPDIR . Well, i don't know
> how to make this happen...

If the environment variable FTPDIR is not defined, then the
configure script will set it to the output of the command
"bash -c 'echo ~ftp".  It appears that on your system, the
output of this command is not meaningful.

Please try the following:

1.  Go to the top-level source directory.

2.  Execute the command "make distclean".

3.  Define your environment variables as before.

4.  Define the environment variable FTPDIR to a dummy
    value, e.g., "export FTPDIR=/ftp".

5.  Execute the configure script.  Redirect the standard
    output and standard error streams to the file
    "configure.log" so that you can send me the file if
    something goes wrong.

6.  If the above succeeds, then continue with the build
    and installation.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: NAU-640113