[UDUNITS #ZAA-270919]: UDUNITS - UDUNITS configure error- ./config.status: line 1163: Makefile: No such file or directory

Dick,

> Institution: Northrop Grumman
> Package Version: 1.12.3, 1.12.4 (same error with either version)
> Operating System: Cygwin on Win 2K
> Hardware Information: Dell
> Inquiry: 'configure' for UDUNITS won't complete.  It gives the error in the
> attached log.  This results from the default instructions, "(./configure &&
> make all install clean) > log 2>&1 &", in a Cygwin bash shell.  It dies
> before reaching make.  I tried ignoring this and running make, but make goes
> into an infinite loop.  I didn't find anything that explained this on the
> UDUNITS mail list.  (Please point me the right way if I missed something.)
> Thanks for any help!

Cygwin, eh?  I don't know whether or not the UDUNITS package will build on that
platform.

The file "configure.log" had the following error:

    expanding `include's in file `Makefile'
    ./config.status: line 1163: Makefile: No such file or directory

Go to the top-level source-directory.  Does the file "Makefile" exist?

Does the file "config.log" indicate what, specifically, is the problem in
expanding the "include" statements in that file.

Ticket ID: ZAA-270919
Department: Support UDUNITS