20050519: UDUNITS - compiling problems

Julie,

> Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 03:49:59 -0600 (MDT)
> To: support-udunits:@laraine.unidata.ucar.edu
> Subject: UDUNITS - compiling problems

> Institution: University of East Anglia
> Package Version: 1.12.4
> Operating System: suse 9.1
> Hardware Information: amd64 opteron
> Inquiry: Hi,
>
> can you tell me what flags I need to compile on amd64 (opteron) using either
> gcc or portland group compilers.

I don't have access to such a system here, but I recommend trying the
following environment variable settings:

    CPPFLAGS='-DNDEBUG -Df2cFortran'
    CC=gcc
    CFLAGS='-O -fno-builtin'
    PERL=/usr/bin/perl

You might need to adjust the value of the PERL variable.  You can also
set it to the empty string to omit building the perl(1) interface.