20050316: I misspoke

Roderick,

>Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:41:03 -0700
>From: "Pearson, Roderick R" <address@hidden>
>To: "Steve Emmerson" <address@hidden>
>Subject: I misspoke

> I will try to clarify my ideas.  When I compile FORTRAN code that =
> includes the udunits.inc file, what options will allow me to use the =
> udunits file which seems to be compiled with the CC compiler and is more =
> suitable for inclusion in a C program?  I get no errors when I make the =
> udunits package but the FORTRAN compiler does not like the include file =
> despite it's supposed usability with FORTRAN.

Any Fortran code that includes the "udunits.inc" file via a "#include"
directive will have to be preprocessed via the C preprocessor or
something similar.  Typically, this is done automatically if the Fortran
file in question has a capital "F" suffix (e.g., "foobar.F").  For
example:

    $ cat foobar.F
            subroutine foobar
    #include "udunits.inc"