Re: 20040927: Library for udunits for G5OSX cluster

Dughong Min,

>Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:11:19 -0400
>From: "Dughong Min" <address@hidden>
>To: "'Steve Emmerson'" <address@hidden>
>Subject: RE: 20040927: Library for udunits for G5OSX cluster

>> When you built the netCDF package, was the "make test" command
>> successful?
>
> I think Yes.
>
>> If you run the ranlib(1) utility on the installed netCDF library, does
>> the problem dissapear?
>
> No, it still appears.

Solving this problem might take awhile.

If there's someone there who knows about building and linking against
third-party packages, then I suggest you consult with them.  Otherwise,
please send me all the output
from

    1.  Executing the commands "make test" and "make install" in the
        top-level source-directory of the netCDF package.

    2.  Your attempt to link against the installed netCDF library.

By "all the output" I mean both the standard output and standard
error streams.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson