20040226:Compilatiom problem udunits netcdf

Nir,

> To: address@hidden
> From: address@hidden
> Subject: Compilatiom problem

> I was trying to compile both udunits and netcdf libraries, and got an error
> message. I suspect that it may involve the compiler that I use - an Intel
> compiler. Do you know how can this problem be solved?
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Nir.
>

> In file included from utlib.c:29:
> ../port/cfortran/cfortran.h:132:3: #error "cfortran.h:  Can't find your
> environment among:    - MIPS cc an
> d f77 2.0. (e.g. Silicon Graphics, DECstations, ...)         - IBM AIX XL C
> and
> FORTRAN Compiler/6000 Vers
> ion 01.01.0000.0000         - VAX   VMS CC 3.1 and FORTRAN 5.4.
>
>                      - Alp
> ha VMS DEC C 1.3 and DEC FORTRAN 6.0.                               - Alpha
> OSF
> DEC C and DEC Fortran for
> OSF/1 AXP Version 1.2              - Apollo DomainOS 10.2 (sys5.3) with f77
> 10.7
> and cc 6.7.
>   - CRAY                                                                   -
> NEC
> SX-4 SUPER-UX
>                                           - CONVEX
>          - Sun
>
>   - PowerStation Fortran w
> ith Visual C++                                   - HP9000s300/s700/s800 Latest
> test with: HP-UX A.08.07 A
> 9000/730        - LynxOS: cc or gcc with f2c.
>
>          - VAXUltrix: vcc,
> cc or gcc with f2c. gcc or cc with f77.                 -            f77 with
> vcc works; but missing link
> magic for f77 I/O.     -            NO fort. None of gcc, cc or vcc generate
> required names.    - f2c    :
>  Use #define    f2cFortran, or cc -Df2cFortran                 - NAG f90: Use
> #define NAGf90Fortran, or cc
>  -DNAGf90Fortran              - Absoft UNIX F77: Use #define AbsoftUNIXFortran
> or cc -DAbsoftUNIXFortran
>    - Absoft Pro Fortran: Use #define AbsoftProFortran     - Portland Group
> Fortran: Use #define pgiFortran
> "
> make[1]: *** [utlib.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sapir/udunits-1.12.1/src/lib'
> make: *** [lib/all] Error 1

You need to tell the C compiler what Fortran calling-conventions to use
(in order to correctly build the Fortran interface).  This is done by
defining a C macro in the environment variable CPPFLAGS before executing
the "configure" script.

Please try the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source-directory.

    2.  Perform steps 3 through 5, described near the end of the file
        INSTALL.

    3.  Ensure that the string "-DpgiFortran" appears in the
        environmet variable CPPFLAGS, e.g.,

            export CPPFLAGS='-DpgiFortran'

        or

            setenv CPPFLAGS '-DpgiFortran'

        depending on your user-shell.

    4.  Perform steps 6 through 9, described near the end of the file
        INSTALL.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson