20040217: help "make udunits"

Luciana,

>Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:43:06 -0300
>From: address@hidden
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20040213: help "make udunits"

> In attach the files:
> configure.log, make.log, install.log, test.log,
>
> Tanks,
> Luciana

The "make.log" file contained the following error:

> making `all' in directory /net/udunits/src/lib
>
> make[1]: Entering directory `/net/udunits-1.11.7/src/lib'
> c89 -c -O -I../port/misc -I../port/cfortran
> -DUT_DEFAULT_PATH='"/net/udunits/etc/udunits.dat"'  utlib.c
> In file included from utlib.c:29:
> ../port/cfortran/cfortran.h:132:3: #error "cfortran.h:  Can't find your
> environment among:    - MIPS cc and f77 2.0. (e.g. Silicon Graphics,
> DECstations, ...)         - IBM AIX XL C and FORTRAN Compiler/6000 Version
> 01.01.0000.0000         - VAX   VMS CC 3.1 and FORTRAN 5.4.
>                    - Alpha VMS DEC C 1.3 and DEC FORTRAN 6.0.
>               - Alpha OSF DEC C and DEC Fortran for OSF/1 AXP Version 1.2
>          - Apollo DomainOS 10.2 (sys5.3) with f77 10.7 and cc 6.7.
>           - CRAY
>      - NEC SX-4 SUPER-UX
> - CONVEX
>                                                        - Sun
>                                          - PowerStation Fortran with Visual
> C++
>                            - HP9000s300/s700/s800 Latest test with: HP-UX
> A.08.07 A 9000/730        - LynxOS: cc or gcc with f2c.
>                      - VAXUltrix: vcc,cc or gcc with f2c. gcc or cc with f77.
>                 -            f77 with vcc works; but missing link magic for
> f77 I/O.     -            NO fort. None of gcc, cc or vcc generate required
> names.    - f2c    : Use #define    f2cFortran, or cc -Df2cFortran
>      - NAG f90: Use #define NAGf90Fortran, or cc -DNAGf90Fortran
> - Absoft UNIX F77: Use #define AbsoftUNIXFortran or cc -DAbsoftUNIXFortran
>  - Absoft Pro Fortran: Use #define AbsoftProFortran     - Portland Group
> Fortran: Use #define pgiFortran"
> make[1]: *** [utlib.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/net/udunits-1.11.7/src/lib'
> make: *** [lib/all] Error 1

You need to tell the "configure" script what Fortran-calling-C argument
convention to use by appropriately setting the environment variable
CPPFLAGS before executing the "configure" script.

Please try the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory.

    2.  Perform steps 3 through 5 described near the end of the file
        INSTALL.html.

    3.  Ensure that the environment variable CPPFLAGS defines the C macro
        "f2cFortran", e.g.,

            export CPPFLAGS=-Df2cFortran

        or

            setenv CPPFLAGS -Df2cFortran

        depending on your user-shell.

    4.  Perform steps 6 through 9 described near the end of the file
        INSTALL.html.

Please let me know if this helps.