20040203: Udunits install on Linux Suse 8.2 - Solution

Paul,

> To: address@hidden
> cc: address@hidden
> From: Paul Della-Marta <address@hidden>
> Subject: Udunits install on Linux Suse 8.2 - Solution

> I thought I would let you know that I had some troubles installing
> Udunits on my Linux machine operating Suse 8.2 and below is the
> solution. Without adding the LD_MATH flag the final compile line of
> udunits cannot find the intrinsic functions POW and LOG10.
>
> tar xvfz udunits.tar.Z
> cd udunits-1.12.1/src
>
> export FC=g77
> export CPPFLAGS=-Df2cFortran
> export CC=gcc
> export CXX=g++
> export LD_MATH=-lm
>
> ./configure
> make
> make install

Thanks for reporting this.

I wonder why the configure script didn't add the "-lm" option to the
LD_MATH variable?  Would you please send me the files "configure.log"
and "config.log", which should be in your top-level source directory and
which are described near the end of the file INSTALL.