20040113: udunits: ? support of calendar attribute ?

Dennis,

> To: address@hidden
> From: Dennis Shea <address@hidden>
> Subject: udunits: ? support of calendar attribute ?

> Are there any plans for support of the calendar attribute
> as described in:
>
> http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/cms/eaton/cf-metadata/CF-1.0.html

I'm afraid we have no plans to support the CF "calendar" attribute.
Support for calendars is beyond the scope of the UDUNITS package,
and, while it could be added to the netCDF-3 package, there are no
plans to do so.

In my opinion, such a matter is better addressed by a stand-alone,
third-party package (similar to UDUNITS) that would handle netCDF
datasets that follow the CF convention.

There are no plans to develop such a package here and I am unaware of
any such plans or packages elsewhere (but I have not looked).

Good luck.