2031113: Time Expressed in HHMMSS Format

Ben,

> To: address@hidden
> From: Ben Howell <address@hidden>
> Subject: Time Expressed in HHMMSS Format

> Can you tell me what the appropriate "units" attribute is for time
> expressed in hours-minutes-seconds?

The numeric-value encoding format of HHMMSS is not a unit.  Numeric
values expressed in some unit form a mathematical group under addition.
This is not the case for numeric values in such encoding formats.

> Is this a time expression that does not conform to UNIDATA standards?

It's a time expression that doesn't conform to the internationally
agreed-upon definition of a unit.