20030711: Help Required in Installing UDUNITS ..

>From: "Dr. J. Venkata Ratnam" <address@hidden>

Ratnam,

>I am having problems installing udunits on my machine. I am enclosing
>the required information below. Please let me know how I can sort out
>the problem.
>
>a) uname -a
>
>   Linux vjayan 2.4.18-14 #1 Wed Sep 4 13:35:50 EDT 2002 i686 i686 i386
>GNU/Linux
>
>b)  VERSION
>     1.11.7
>
>c) attached
>d) attached
>
>e) Path of CC
>/usr/local/gcc-3.2.2/bin/gcc
>cc (GCC) 3.2 20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7)
>
>f) attached

Please try the following:

1) do a 'make distclean'

2) define the CPPFLAGS environment variable to:

CPPFLAGS=-Df2cFortran

3) rerun 'configure'

4) rerun 'make'

The setting of CPPFLAGS to -Df2cFortran for Linux is listed in the
'TESTED SYSTEMS:' list of the INSTALL file that is distributed with
UDUNITS.  It is also available online at:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/udunits/INSTALL.txt:

Herre is the snippit for Linux:

    linux_2.0-i586 (Sunshine):
        CPPFLAGS=-Df2cFortran
        CC=/usr/bin/cc
        PERL=/usr/bin/perl

> Thanks

Please let us know if the above worked for you.  Thanks...

>Regards
>Ratnam
>Department of Mathematical Physics
>University College Dublin
>Belfield, Dublin 4
>Ireland

Tom Yoksas

>From address@hidden Mon Jul 14 03:17:40 2003

Hi

  Thanks for the help. I could install the unidata using the suggestions
given by you.

Thanks
Ratnam