20030707: UDUNITS on UCAR's Blackforest IBM

Richard,

>Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 16:00:07 -500
>From: Richard Anyah <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20030707: UDUNITS on UCAR's Blackforest IBM

> After invoking the command, nm -g /ptmp/anyah/UNIT/libudunits.a |
> grep -i utopen, I GOT THE FOLLOWING RESULTS:

> .utopen_             T        2512

Interesting.  The C compiler is transforming a routine-name by adding
a period prefix and an underscore suffix.  The linker, however, is
looking for symbols without the underscore suffixes.  This means that
the Fortran compiler isn't adding an underscore suffix to the names of
global symbols.

The solution is to have the C comiler not add underscore suffixes or
(more likely) have the Fortran compiler add underscore suffixes.

Look at the manual page for the Fortran compiler.  Is there an option to
add underscore suffixes?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson