20030701: building UDUNITS on Linux 2.4.20

Etienne,

>Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 18:48:21 +0200
>From: etienne gondet <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20030701: building UDUNITS on Linux 2.4.20

> Yes I forgotten th error parts by the commands
>  make | tee make.log 2>&1
> iThis is new one with :
> make 2>&1 | tee make.
>
>                 Sincerely,
>                         Etienne Gondet

making `all' in directory /home/mercator/src/udunits-1.11.7/src/lib

make[1]: Entre dans le répertoire `/home/mercator/src/udunits-1.11.7/src/lib'
ln -s ../port/misc/udalloc.c .
ln -s ../port/misc/udalloc.h .
c89 -c -O -I../port/misc -I../port/cfortran
-DUT_DEFAULT_PATH='"/home/mercator/src/udunits-1.11.7/etc/udunits.dat"'  utlib.c
In file included from utlib.c:29:
../port/cfortran/cfortran.h:132:3: #error "cfortran.h:  Can't find your
environment among:    - MIPS cc and f77 2.0. (e.g. Silicon Graphics,
DECstations, ...)         - IBM AIX XL C and FORTRAN Compiler/6000 Version
01.01.0000.0000         - VAX   VMS CC 3.1 and FORTRAN 5.4.
                 - Alpha VMS DEC C 1.3 and DEC FORTRAN 6.0.
          - Alpha OSF DEC C and DEC Fortran for OSF/1 AXP Version 1.2
   - Apollo DomainOS 10.2 (sys5.3) with f77 10.7 and cc 6.7.                -
CRAY                                                                   - NEC
SX-4 SUPER-UX                                                      - CONVEX
                                                            - Sun
                                                     - PowerStation Fortran
with Visual C++                                   - HP9000s300/s700/s800 Latest
test with: HP-UX A.08.07 A 9000/730        - LynxOS: cc or gcc with f2c.
                                    - VAXUltrix: vcc,cc or gcc with f2c. gcc or
cc with f77.                 -            f77 with vcc works; but missing link
magic for f77 I/O.     -            NO fort. None of gcc, cc or vcc generate
required names.    - f2c    : Use #define    f2cFortran, or cc -Df2cFortran
            - NAG f90: Use #define NAGf90Fortran, or cc -DNAGf90Fortran
     - Absoft UNIX F77: Use #define AbsoftUNIXFortran or cc -DAbsoftUNIXFortran
    - Absoft Pro Fortran: Use #define AbsoftProFortran     - Portland Group
Fortran: Use #define pgiFortran"

This is a well-known problem.  For your (Linux) system, the solution is
to ensure that the environment variable CPPFLAGS defines the C mcaro
"f2cFortran" before executing the "configure" script.  Please try the
following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory.

    2.  Perform steps 3 through 5 described near the end of the file
        INSTALL.

    3.  Set the environment variable CPPFLAGS.  For example

            export CPPFLAGS=-Df2cFortran

        or

            setenv CPPFLAGS -Df2cFortran

        depending on your user-shell.  The file INSTALL has examples for
        Linux systems.

    4.  Perform steps 6 through 9 described near the end of the file
        INSTALL.

Please let me know if this helps.