20020506: building udunits: errno.h: No such file or directory

Sally,

> To: address@hidden
> From: Sally Holl <address@hidden>
> Subject: udunits-1.11.7 make errors

The above message (and followup message) contained the following:

> I am receiving errors during the make process of installing the
> udunits-1.11.7 package. Here is the requested information:
>
> $ uname -a
> Linux water 2.4.1 #1 SMP Thu Feb 15 16:57:13 EST 2001 alpha unknown
>
> Version: udunits-1.11.7
>
> path of c compiler:
> /usr/bin/gcc

> $ make > make.log
>
> In file included from /usr/include/errno.h:36,
>                  from utlib.c:21: /usr/include/bits/errno.h:25:
> /usr/src/linux-2.4.14/include/asm-alpha/errno.h: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [utlib.o] Error 1
> make: *** [lib/all] Error 1

> Thank you for any advice you might have,
> Sally Holl

The error messages above indicate a problem with your C compilation
environment. The file "lib/utlib.c" includes the standard
header-file <errno.h>, which, apparently, includes the header-file
"/usr/src/linux-2.4.14/include/asm-alpha/errno.h", which is not on
your system. The fact that a standard header-file for your C compiler
attempts to include a header-file that doesn't exists indicates a
severe problem with your C development environment. Unfortunately, we
don't have the resources necessary to solve such problems.

I suggest that you show the above error message to your system
administrator or someone else who knows your environment.

Good luck.