20020503: udunits compilation: cfortran.h can't find environment

Helin,

> To: address@hidden
> From: Helin Wei <address@hidden>
> Subject: compiling problem for udunits

> cc -c -O -I../port/misc -I../port/cfortran
> -DUT_DEFAULT_PATH='"/home/hwei/udunits-1.11.7/etc/udunits.dat"'  utlib.c
> In file included from utlib.c:29:
> ../port/cfortran/cfortran.h:132:3: #error "cfortran.h:  Can't find your
> environment among:    - MIPS cc and f77 2.0. (e.g. Silicon Graphics,
> DECstations, ...)         - IBM AIX XL C and FORTRAN Compiler/6000 Version
> 01.01.0000.0000         - VAX   VMS CC 3.1 and FORTRAN 5.4.
>                                - Alpha VMS DEC C 1.3 and DEC FORTRAN 6.0.
> - Alpha OSF DEC C and DEC Fortran for
>  OSF/1 AXP Version 1.2              - Apollo DomainOS 10.2 (sys5.3) with
> f77 10.7 and cc 6.7.                - CRAY
>                                          - NEC SX-4 SUPER-UX
> - CONVEX
>                                               - Sun
> - PowerStation Fortran
>  with Visual C++                                   - HP9000s300/s700/s800
> Latest test with: HP-UX A.08.07 A 9000/730        - LynxOS: cc or g
> cc with f2c.                                            - VAXUltrix:
> vcc,cc or gcc with f2c. gcc or cc with f77.                 -
>  f77 with vcc works; but missing link magic for f77 I/O.     -
> NO fort. None of gcc, cc or vcc generate required names.    - f2c
>   : Use #define    f2cFortran, or cc -Df2cFortran                 - NAG
> f90: Use #define NAGf90Fortran, or cc -DNAGf90Fortran              -
> Absoft UNIX F77: Use #define AbsoftUNIXFortran or cc -DAbsoftUNIXFortran
> - Absoft Pro Fortran: Use #define AbsoftProFortran     - Portlan
> d Group Fortran: Use #define pgiFortran"
> make[1]: *** [utlib.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/hwei/udunits-1.11.7/src/lib'
> make: *** [lib/all] Error 1

The above indicates that the file "cfortran.h" doesn't know what
conventions to use when a Fortran routine calls a C method. It can
be told what conventions to use by defining a certain C macro. For
your environment, the macro should be "f2cFortran". The INSTALL file
contains examples of this.

Please try the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory.

    2.  Perorm steps 3 through 5 described near the end of the INSTALL
        file.

    3.  Ensure that the CPPFLAGS environment variable contains the
        string "-Df2cFortran",  e.g.

            export CPPFLAGS="-Df2cFortran"

        or

            setenv CPPFLAGS Df2cFortran

        depending on your user shell.

    4.  Perform steps 6 through 9 described near the end of the INSTALL
        file.

Please let me know if this works.