20010611: install error: Unresolved: fmod, ldexp, ...

address@hidden,

> To: <address@hidden>
> From: =?ks_c_5601-1987?B?sei8scXC?= <address@hidden>
> Subject: udunits install error

> checking for (void)sin(0.0) in default library(s)... yes=0A=
> making `all' in directory /usr2/global/kst/udunits-1.11.7/src/udunits=0A=
> =0A=
> cc -o udunits -O udunits.o -L/usr2/global/kst/udunits-1.11.7/src/lib =
> -ludunits -L/usr2/global/kst/udunits-1.11.7/src/port/misc -ludport -ly=0A=
> ld:=0A=
> Unresolved:=0A=
> fmod=0A=
> ldexp=0A=
> log10=0A=
> modf=0A=
> pow=0A=
> floor=0A=
> ceil=0A=
> *** Exit 1=0A=
> Stop.=0A=
> *** Exit 1=0A=
> Stop.=0A=
> *** Exit 1=0A=
> Stop.=0A=

Odd. The "sin(double)" function is in the default C runtime library, but
the other math functions (fmod, ldexp, ...) apparently aren't.  This is
very unusual and may indicate a problem with your C installation.

Try the following:

    1.  Locate the library that contains the missing functions on your
        system.

    2.  Go to the top-level source directory of the UDUNITS package.

    3.  Perform steps 3 through 5 mentioned near the end of the file
        INSATLL.

    4.  Ensure that the environment variable LIBS contains a reference
        to the library of step 1 above for the loader, e.g.

            export LIBS='-L/opt/lib -lm'

        or

            setenv LIBS '-L/opt/lib -lm'

    5.  Perform steps 6 through 9 mentioned near the end of the file
        INSTALL.

Please let me know if this helps.

If you need to communicate further, please don't send base-64 encoded
attachments because my user mail agent has problems reading them.