20010404: Netcdf-perl make errors: Invalid loader fixup ...

Dan,

>Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 16:13:05 -0400
>From: "Dan L. Ostrom" <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: 20010404: Netcdf-perl make errors: Invalid loader fixup ...

>       Well, here's more progress. Now it's getting stuck on
> the make phase.
>
>       Ideas?
>  > env
> .
> .
> .
> CC=/opt/ansic/bin/c89
> FC=/opt/fortran/bin/f77
> F90=/usr/local/bin/f90
> CXX=
> CFLAGS=+z -g
> CPPFLAGS=-DNDEBUG

As shown in the HP-UX example in the file INSTALL.html, the environment
variable CPPFLAGS has to contain the string "-D_HPUX_SOURCE" in order to
build the netCDF package on an HP-UX system using the native C compiler.

> FFLAGS=-O
> F90LAGS=
> F90FLAGS=-O
> CXXFLAGS=SHLIB_PATH=/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib
>

>  > netcdf-3.5.0/src make
>
> Making `all' in directory /usr/local/sources/netcdf-3.5.0/src/libsrc
>
>          /opt/ansic/bin/c89 -c +z -g -I.  -DNDEBUG attr.c
>          /opt/ansic/bin/c89 -c +z -g -I.  -DNDEBUG dim.c
>          /opt/ansic/bin/c89 -c +z -g -I.  -DNDEBUG error.c
>          /opt/ansic/bin/c89 -c +z -g -I.  -DNDEBUG -DVERSION=`cat
> ../VERSION` libvers.c
>          /opt/ansic/bin/c89 -c +z -g -I.  -DNDEBUG nc.c
> cc: "nc.c", line 780: error 1588: "EEXIST" undefined.
> cc: "nc.c", line 780: error 1563: Expression in if must be scalar.
> *** Error exit code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error exit code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error exit code 1

Try the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory of the package.

    2.  Perform steps 3 through 5 mentioned near the end of the
        INSTALL.html file.

        Ensure that the environment variable CPPFLAGS contains the
        string "-D_HPUX_SOURCE".

        Ensure that the environment variable CFLAGS contains the string
        "+z".

    3.  Perform steps 6 through 9 mentioned near the end of the
        INSTALL.html file.