200103012: Need help on installing udunits: cfortran.h

Robin,

> From: root <address@hidden>
> Subject: Need help on installing udunits

> could you please help me installing udunits. It does not compile on my
> system. The the required informations are in the attached files.
> Thank you!
>
> Best regards,
> Robin Faulwetter

bash-2.04# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local
checking type of operating system... linux

> making `all' in directory /usr/local/src/udunits-1.11.7/lib
>
> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/udunits-1.11.7/lib'
> cc -c -O -I../port/misc -I../port/cfortran
> -DUT_DEFAULT_PATH='"/usr/local/etc/ud
> units.dat"'  utlib.c
> In file included from utlib.c:29:
> ../port/cfortran/cfortran.h:153: #error "cfortran.h:  Can't find your
> environmen
> VAX   VMS CC 3.1 and FORTRAN 5.4.                                      -
> Alpha VMS DEC C 1.3 and DEC FORTRAN 6.0.                               -
> Alpha OSF DEC
> C and DEC Fortran for OSF/1 AXP Version 1.2              - Apollo DomainOS
> 10.2
> (sys5.3) with f77 10.7 and cc 6.7.                - CRAY
>                                            - NEC SX-4 SUPER-UX
>                                     - CONVEX
>                              - Sun
>                       - PowerStation Fortran with Visual C++
>                - HP9000s300/s700/s800 Latest test with: HP-UX A.08.07 A
> 9000/730        - LynxOS: cc or gcc with f2c.
>  - VAXUltrix: vcc,cc or gcc with f2c. gcc or cc with f77.                 -
>        f77 with vcc works; but missing link magic for f77 I/O.     -
> NO fort. None of gcc, cc or vcc generate required names.    - f2c    : Use
> #define    f2cFortran, or cc -Df2cFortran                 - NAG f90: Use
> #define NAGf90Fortran, or cc -DNAGf90Fortran              - Absoft UNIX F77:
> Use #define AbsoftUNIXFortran or cc -DAbsoftUNIXFortran     - Absoft Pro
> Fortran: Use #define AbsoftProFortran     - Portland Group Fortran: Use
> #define pgiFortran"
> make[1]: *** [utlib.o] Error 1

In general, on a Linux system, the C macro f2cFortran must be defined in
order to obtain the correct Fortran-calling-C calling-conventions.

Try the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory.

    2.  Perform steps 3 through 5 near the end of the INSALL file.

    3.  Ensure that the environment variable CPPFLAGS contains the
        string "-Df2cFortran".

    4.  Perform steps 6 through 9 near the end of the INSTALL file.

Please let me know if this helps.