Re: 20000323: I have difficulty to read a NETCDF file

Ruoxian,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Dear Sir,
> I have difficulty to read a NETCDF file. We have netcdf library installed in
> our system before and I tried to install the udunits library myself.
>
> I was not sure if the library installed all right, so first, I ran a fortran
> program (a sample of yours) which used some of the library routines.
> The following is the the message I got when I compile the program (linked to
> the two libraries). ld32: WARNING 84: /usr/local/netcdf-3.4/lib/libnetcdf.a
> is not used for resolving any symbol.
> ld32: WARNING 84: /usr/people/rying/udunits-1.11.7/lib/libudunits.a is not
> used for resolving any symbo
> l.
> ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "ncopn_" -- 1st referenced by
> readolr.o.
>         Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives and dsos
> are loaded.
> ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "ncvid_" -- 1st referenced by
> readolr.o.

Would you please send me the output from the following commands:

    $ nm -gr /usr/local/netcdf-3.4/lib/libnetcdf.a | grep -v Undefined
    $ /usr/people/rying/udunits-1.11.7/lib/libudunits.a| grep -v Undefined

> G. The file "test.log"
>
> making `test' in directory /usr/people/rying/udunits-1.11.7/src/udunits
>
> `udunits' is up to date.
> `FORCE' no action taken.
>       ./udunits ../lib/udunits.dat <test.in | sed 's/\.00* UTC/.00 UTC/' \
>           >test.out
> Success!

The above indicates that the UDUNITS library was successfully built.