Re: 20000218: FCALLSCFUN4, FCALLSCFUN8 problem in uniunits installation

Jianfu Pan,

In the above message, you wrote:

>    I'm trying to install the latest Udunits software on our cray.  My
> installation failed due to an c89 compilation error caused by "double *" and
> "long double *" data type mismatch in the functions FCALLSCFUN4 and
> FCALLSCFUN8.  I don't know which arguments of the functions are having the
> mismatch problem.  Could you tell me how to fix this or how to get around this
> problem?

I'll need more information.  Please perform steps 2 through 6 near the
end of the file INSTALL.

>    I'm using version 1.11.7.  Is this the right version for cray?

Yes.

> The following is the message from "make all"
>
> making `all' in directory /u1/jpan/udunits-1.11.7/src/port
>

> making `all' in directory /u1/jpan/udunits-1.11.7/src/port/misc
>
>       c89 -c -O -I.  -D_REENTRANT  uddummy.c
> FORCE: No action was taken.
>       ar rcuv libudport.a uddummy.o
> a - uddummy.o
>       case "" in \
>       '') ;; \
>       *)  ar rucv libudport.a ;; \
>       esac
>       ranlib libudport.a
> FORCE: No action was taken.
>
> returning to directory /u1/jpan/udunits-1.11.7/src/port
>

> making `all' in directory /u1/jpan/udunits-1.11.7/src/port/cfortran
>
> all: No action was taken.
>
> returning to directory /u1/jpan/udunits-1.11.7/src/port
>
> FORCE: No action was taken.
>
> returning to directory /u1/jpan/udunits-1.11.7/src
>

> making `all' in directory /u1/jpan/udunits-1.11.7/src/lib
>
>       c89 -c -O -I../port/misc -I../port/cfortran
> -DUT_DEFAULT_PATH='"/u1/jpan/udunits/etc/udunits.dat"'  utlib.c
> CC-82 c89: WARNING File = utlib.c, Line = 1188
>   Storage class specifier is not the first specifier in the declaration.
>
>       const register utUnit   *unit;
>             ^

You might try switching the "const" and the "register" in the above.

> CC-167 c89: ERROR File = utlib.c, Line = 1782
>   Argument of type "long double *" is incompatible with parameter of type
>           "double *".

Interesting.  After performing the above, would you please go into the
lib/ subdirectory, execute the command "make utlib.i", and send me the
file "utlib.i".