Re: 19990726: installation: udunits-1.11.7: cc vs. gcc

Xunqiang Bi,

In the above message, you wrote:

> When I follows your suggestion to install UDUNITS (no PERL support),
> It's OK.

Great!

> But as I try to read NCEP/NCAR reanalysis (netcdf) data,
> the error compiler information is :
>
> spclima7:18> f77 -o readair readair.o /DATA/bixq/lib/libnetcdf.a
> /DATA/bixq/lib/libudunits.a
> __eprintf                           /DATA/bixq/lib/libudunits.a(utlib.o)
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to readair
>
> What's eprintf ?

__eprintf is a function in the GNU C runtime library.  On our system, we
would reference that library in the link command like this:

    f77 -o readair readair.o /DATA/bixq/lib/libnetcdf.a
-L/opt/gnu/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/2.8.1 -lgcc

--------