Re: 19990524: problem with UDUNITS: unaligned access

Lianmei,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Your advice works very well, and now I can run the program with success.

Great!

> But do you know how to get rid of the msg "unaligned access .....", it is
> associated with subroutine udparse. The complete msg is:
>
> Unaligned access pid=22393 <a.out> va=0x140005474 pc=0x120019c54
> ra=0x120007e38 inst=0x8e100000
>
> a lot of thanks again,

You can use the uac(1) utility to set how the operating system handles
unaligned memory accesses -- including automatically fixing them.
Unfortunately, I don't recall the arguments to the utility.  I suggest
you do a 'man 1 uac' to get more information on how to use it.

--------