[THREDDS #USB-876679]: Current Folder GOES-16 - Products - Sea Surface Temperature Down

Hi James and Sean,

Yesterday, I said:

"If "old" products are showing up in the 'current' directories, it is
likely due to a deficiency of the process that is scouring old files
in thase directories. I thought that I had fixed this so that I was
using a time sort, but I'll take a look to see if this is not the case."

I just looked at the set of SST L2 products that is being served by
thredds.ucar.edu, and I do not see anything amiss - the set of files
are the 96 most recent of the GOES-16 L2 SST products that have been
received via the IDD (which is populated by 3 separate sites running
NOAAPort ingest instances).  Since the SST products are issued once
per hour, this set represents a sliding window of the most recent
4 days of these products.

I also checked the sets of NOAAPort L2 products that are being served by
thredds-test.unidata.ucar.edu, and they are also correct.

I think that there may have been a misunderstanding in what
the 'current' directory structure means.  In all cases, it represents
a set of N of the most recently received files of the type in
question.  This means that the time interval spanned by the set
will vary with the update frequency for the product in question.

I hope that this helps...

Ticket ID: USB-876679
Department: Support THREDDS