[THREDDS #FJC-813079]: truncated data download

Fan,

I just noticed that when I refreshed the CSV link (still OSX and Chrome 41), I
got truncated data, but it responded *very* quickly. Refreshing again quickly
gave me a different amount of truncated data. This behavior strikes me as odd.
It's clearly not a timeout, which leads me to believe it's a server issue, not
a client one.

I'd be very curious to know if those logs show anything interesting.

Ryan

> Fan,
>
> The TDS will not time out the data transfer--that's got to be a client issue.
>
> It's technically possible that the slow, or even non-responsive, behavior of
> the server could be caused by a bug. The logs (threddsServlet.log and
> catalina.out) may shed some light on that. 4.3.19-SNAPSHOT is a bit out of
> date as well, the latest 4.3 series release is 4.3.23, released last fall.
>
> I don't know how big the aggregations are, but in general aggregations are
> known to be inefficient and have problems scaling to large collections.
>
> Ryan
>
> > Hi Ryan,
> >
> > This is curious.  I just tried Safari 8.0.3 (10600.3.18) on OSX - it does
> > return the full csv data.  In the mean time, netcdf request downloaded an
> > .html showing server error.  Attached.
> >
> > My request with truncated data was with firefox 31.5.0 on a CentOS 6
> > machine.  It still does that.
> >
> > My Chrome 40.0.2214.115 on OSX shows just two lines for csv; below (showing
> > what I mean by truncated).
> >
> > I used wget and curl also (on either OSX or CentOS box) with the csv URL.
> > Both are returning me incomplete data, though with many more lines than
> > Chrome 40 does.
> >
> > Occasionally I got server timeouts also.  How do configure TDS to avoid the
> > timeouts?
> >
> > I just want to make sure it is not a server behavior.  But at the moment I
> > cannot exclude that possibility.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > -Fan
> >
> > date,lat[unit="degrees_north"],lon[unit="degrees_east"],bbPixNum1[unit=""]
> > 190097-12-16T12:00:00Z,

Ticket ID: FJC-813079
Department: Support THREDDS