[THREDDS #FJC-813079]: truncated data download

Fan,

The TDS will not time out the data transfer--that's got to be a client issue.

It's technically possible that the slow, or even non-responsive, behavior of
the server could be caused by a bug. The logs (threddsServlet.log and
catalina.out) may shed some light on that. 4.3.19-SNAPSHOT is a bit out of date
as well, the latest 4.3 series release is 4.3.23, released last fall.

I don't know how big the aggregations are, but in general aggregations are
known to be inefficient and have problems scaling to large collections.

Ryan

> Hi Ryan,
>
> This is curious.  I just tried Safari 8.0.3 (10600.3.18) on OSX - it does
> return the full csv data.  In the mean time, netcdf request downloaded an
> .html showing server error.  Attached.
>
> My request with truncated data was with firefox 31.5.0 on a CentOS 6 machine.
>  It still does that.
>
> My Chrome 40.0.2214.115 on OSX shows just two lines for csv; below (showing
> what I mean by truncated).
>
> I used wget and curl also (on either OSX or CentOS box) with the csv URL.
> Both are returning me incomplete data, though with many more lines than
> Chrome 40 does.
>
> Occasionally I got server timeouts also.  How do configure TDS to avoid the
> timeouts?
>
> I just want to make sure it is not a server behavior.  But at the moment I
> cannot exclude that possibility.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Fan
>
> date,lat[unit="degrees_north"],lon[unit="degrees_east"],bbPixNum1[unit=""]
> 190097-12-16T12:00:00Z,

Ticket ID: FJC-813079
Department: Support THREDDS