[THREDDS #IEU-827463]: Malformed Capabilities File

Hi Paul,

thank you so much for reporting this. Actually, it you can fix it in your
server quite easily if you don't mind editing jsp a little bit. If you are able
to locate the jsp files that generate that xml that are in the :
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/thredds/WEB-INF/jsp/wms directory. Just adding:
trimDirectiveWhitespaces="true" into the page tag should remove all the
undesired white lines.
You need to do it in the files: xml_header.jsp and capabilities_xml_1_1_1.jsp.
So, the first line in the xml_header.jsp is:
<address@hidden contentType="text/xml"%><address@hidden
pageEncoding="UTF-8"%><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
and should look something like:
<address@hidden contentType="text/xml" pageEncoding="UTF-8"
trimDirectiveWhitespaces="true"%><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Then, in the capabilities_xml_1_1_1.jsp file it's (also the first line):
<address@hidden contentType="application/vnd.ogc.wms_xml"%><address@hidden
pageEncoding="UTF-8"%><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
and should be :
<address@hidden contentType="text/xml" pageEncoding="UTF-8"
trimDirectiveWhitespaces="true"%><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"
standalone="no"?>
And that's it.

Of course we will add that in our next TDS release but that should work for you
if you don't want to wait until then.

Cheers!
Marcos Hermida.

Ticket ID: IEU-827463