[THREDDS #TLF-694901]: NCSS and Aggregated Catalogs under v4.3.14

Hi Michael,

I've downloaded some files from the HYCOM ftp server and was able to reproduce
the problem in a local server here. It turns out besides the problems
converting from a netcdf-4 string variable into a netcdf-3 char there is
another issue building the time dimension in aggregations that have one single
time per file (works fine in aggregations with more than one time per file)
that is causing problems too. We'll try fix this in our next release 4.3.16.

For enabling the netcdf-4 writing you need the netCDF-4 C library (4.2.1 or
above) available in your system and set up the name and path to the library in
the threddsConfig.xml file:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tds4.3/reference/ThreddsConfigXMLFile.html#netcdfCLibrary
Anyway, I've already tried and it doesn't fail writing grid files but due to
the errors mentioned above building the time dimension the times in the files
are wrong.

Thank you so much for your thorough report on this.

Cheers!

Ticket ID: TLF-694901
Department: Support THREDDS