[THREDDS #XIG-399067]: default colorScaleRange for WMS within the TDS?

> Hi, er, whoever sent this ;-)

Sorry, its John here.

> >  we now have a Berkeley DB key/value store where one can persist such info.
> > When asked for the range, first look to see if there is a user-configured
> > one.
> > If not, look to see if theres one thats been stored for that dataset and
> > variable.
> > If not, generate it and store it.
>
> This could be useful, but the sysadmin needs to be able to set the default
> colour scale range manually, since the automatically-extracted one may not be
> suitable.  So we'd need some sort of web interface to allow this.  (A
> command-line interface could work, but we'd have to be careful to allow TDS
> to read from the database while the sysadmin was updating it.)
>
> Do you think it's easier to implement the Berkeley DB solution (plus
> interface) or to provide the configuration through an XML file on the server?
>  I guess the Berkeley DB solution has the advantage that the changes could
> "go live" without a server reboot.

The idea I had was to keep the XML config file for manual setting. The BDB is
for storing auto-generated values, so wouldnt need a web interface.

Since we need the XML manual config file anyway, we could proceed with that
immediately, and add the BDB backup asap.

John

Ticket ID: XIG-399067
Department: Support THREDDS