[THREDDS #UEE-178888]: Use wget with a THREDDS server

Hi Anastasia,

> There are some users that would like to use wget to
> download the files from the THREDDS catalogue. Is
> that possible? If that is the case, how will be the
> way to use wget? I have already searched on the
> mailing list but I didn't see any answer for this.

Any data files that are set up to be served directly over HTTP (i.e., using a
"service" element with serviceType "HTTPServer") could be directly requested
with wget. Other possibilities include constructing NCSS or WCS URLs by hand
(or in a script) and requesting those URLs with wget.

> Thanks a lot in advance,
> Anastasia

Hope that helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Ethan

Ticket ID: UEE-178888
Department: Support THREDDS