Overview of Some OGC Web Services

Hi all,

Arliss Whiteside, one of the leaders in the development of Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) interface specifications has drafted a concise summary of some of the primary web services related to GALEON (Geo-interface for Air Land Environment Oceans NetCDF).  The document includes descriptions of  WMS (Web Map Service), WFS (Web Feature Service), WCS (Web Coverage Service), CS-W (Catalog Service for the Web).  I've made a copy of it available at:

  http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dc6q6qjx_165d3drv2

There may be a better place for it in the long run, but this will get us started.

I would add that there are another set of OGC specifications associated with Sensor Web Enablement (SWE) that include Sensor Observation Service (SOS) that are not described in Arliss's  summary.

-- Ben