documentation

I'm using thredds 3.4 on tomcat 5.0.30.

My content/thredds/catalog.xml contains:
<catalogRef xlink:title="North Atlantic Class 1 - Best estimate and bulletins"
                  xlink:href="dodsC/mersea-ip-class1-nat.xml">
     <documentation type="summary">
                   DODS Data Prepared for the MERSEA IP EU Project.
     </documentation>
     <documentation type="simple"
                   xlink:href="http://www.mersea.eu.org";
                   xlink:title="MERSEA Project Web page">
     </documentation>
</catalogRef>

Where is the documentation shown?

Wouldn't it be better to have a <metadata inherited="true">...</metadata>
inside <catalogRef> and let all the datasets in
dodsC/mersea-ip-class1-nat.xml inherit them? Another way that would work for
me was to have it like this:
<dataset "container"> <!-- no ID on this -->
<metadata inherited="true">...</metadata>
<catalogRef ... />
</dataset>
And then all the datasets in the catalogRef also inherit the metadata.

I use catalogRef to avoid having to process all my large datasets unless
specifically asked for, but they mainly have pretty much the same
<authority>, <dataType>, <dataFormat>, <documentation>, <creator> and
<publisher>.

--
Bjørge Solli - Office:+47 55205847 cellph.:+47 91614343
Nansen Environmental and Remote Sensing Center - Bergen, Norway