[python #MRP-481330]: ERA5 Reanalysis data and Metpy Mondays, etc

Hi, and thanks for reaching out!

I can point you in the direction of some data providers and datasets that I am
aware of, but my expertise here is limited. Going to the following page and
sorting by "Reanalysis" provides access to NOAA/NCEP products like the North
American Regional Reanalysis (NARR) and the NCEP/NCAR Reanalysis:
https://psl.noaa.gov/data/gridded/index.html.

NASA provides the Modern-Era Retrospective analysis for Research and
Applications (MERRA-2) product here:
https://gmao.gsfc.nasa.gov/reanalysis/MERRA-2/data_access/. I'm not sure what
other products NASA might provide.

The NCAR Research Data Archive (RDA) has a summary of reanalysis products they
can be accessed through their services here:
https://rda.ucar.edu/lookfordata/datasets/?nb=y&b=plat&v=REANALYSIS%20MODELS.

These are by no means exhaustive, and there are other experts out there in the
realm of reanalyses. Still, I hope these can point you in a good direction!

All the best,

Drew

> I lost my URL for NCAR Reanalysis data. I was searching the web and I didn't
> find it. Really surprised.
>
> Its been a long-time since I used reanalysis data from other than ECMWF's ERA
> datasets.
>
> Is there a NOAA or NCAR or UCAR or NASA site you would recommend? In
> particular, if they have
> high resolution (e.g., 0.25 degrees)?

Ticket ID: MRP-481330
Department: Support Python