[python #XIP-926711]: Help with metpy

Hi, and thanks for the follow-up.

Inspecting your wrfout file by hand using other tools like xwrf or Pyproj for
converting latitude and longitude to x and y, I get comparable pressure values
to your "correct" Skew T's. MetPy is not modifying your data, and
`resample_nn_1d` will only return valid pressures from your original data.

Double check your usage of wrf-python's `ll_to_xy` and how you're subsetting
your arrays. Note that by default, the xarray.DataArray I got back when testing
with wrf-python was ordered (z, y, x), not (z, x, y). I think you may have
swapped your x and y and so are looking at incorrect locations altogether. Take
a look and let me know if this helps.

This shouldn't be a MetPy issue, but I hope this still helps. Thanks!

All the best,

Drew

> So the metpy issue is that the pressure values from the skew t example from
> my wrfout file do not reach the surface 1000mb level.  They start in the
> middle of the atmosphere.  The zip file shows the images that the wrf out
> file does.

Ticket ID: XIP-926711
Department: Support Python