[python #JWY-361331]: Siphon Library Question

Greetings!

Where are you trying to download the NAM grib2 files from? From our THREDDS
server at https://thredds.ucar.edu ?

Siphon will work fine for downloading any files being served directly by a
THREDDS server, but it does not handle any parsing of the files. To do so in
Python would require other libraries like pygrib, or xarray together with
cfgrib. That's why frequently in our examples we rely on having the THREDDS
Data Server handle parsing the GRIB/GRIB2 files and return data in
easier-to-use formats like netCDF or CSV.

Cheers!

Ryan

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use the siphon library to access NOAA NAM grib2 files. Is
> there a way download multiple grib2 files with this library, or does this
> only do one file? Also, can this work with grb2 files?
>

> THREDDS Catalog — Siphon 0.8
> (unidata.github.io)<https://unidata.github.io/siphon/latest/examples/Basic_Usage.html#sphx-glr-examples-basic-usage-py>
>  [example I followed]

Ticket ID: JWY-361331