[python #JWY-361331]: Siphon Library Question

Greetings!

This notebook from our workshop materials shows how to use Siphon to get GFS
model output in netCDF format:

https://github.com/Unidata/python-training/blob/master/pages/workshop/Model_Output/Downloading%20model%20fields%20with%20NCSS.ipynb

Cheers!

Ryan

> Do you have an example of returning a grib file to netcdf or csv? I don't
> think I saw the example on the website. I just see the thredds catalog :
> https://unidata.github.io/siphon/latest/examples/Basic_Usage.html#sphx-glr-examples-basic-usage-py
>  .
>
> https://unidata.github.io/siphon/latest/examples/ncss/NCSS_Cartopy_Example.html#sphx-glr-examples-ncss-ncss-cartopy-example-py
>  (Do you use query accept to convert the file from grib to netcd4?)
> NCSS and CartoPy — Siphon 0.8 - GitHub
> Pages<https://unidata.github.io/siphon/latest/examples/ncss/NCSS_Cartopy_Example.html#sphx-glr-examples-ncss-ncss-cartopy-example-py>
> We construct a query asking for data corresponding to a latitude and
> longitude box where 43 lat is the northern extent, 35 lat is the southern
> extent, -111 long is the western extent and -100 is the eastern extent.
> unidata.github.io
>
> THREDDS Catalog — Siphon 0.8 - GitHub
> Pages<https://unidata.github.io/siphon/latest/examples/Basic_Usage.html#sphx-glr-examples-basic-usage-py>
> THREDDS Catalog¶. Read a catalog from THREDDS Data Server. This example grabs
> a remote catalog and prints out the catalog references contained within.
> unidata.github.io

Ticket ID: JWY-361331
Department: Support Python