[python #SRX-572503]: q vectors python

Hello! Thanks for reaching out.

If you are using MetPy, it does support calculating q-vectors from u and v
winds, temperature, and pressure. The documentation for the function
`metpy.calc.q_vector` is available here:
https://unidata.github.io/MetPy/latest/api/generated/metpy.calc.q_vector.html
and the output of that will be the x- and y-components of your q-vectors.

We don't currently have an up-to-date example of this calculation in practice
on the MetPy documentation. We do have an example up on our python-training
materials site; however, this is currently out of date and not representative
of how you might use the function in MetPy 1.0! This should be updated within
the next two weeks:
https://unidata.github.io/python-training/gallery/850hpa_qvectors/

If you have any trouble using this in the mean time, don't hesitate to reach
back out with any questions or clarification. Thanks!

All the best,

Drew

> Is there any python script plotting q vectors? I want to plot q vectors
> with data from ECMWF. Could you help me?

Ticket ID: SRX-572503
Department: Support Python