[python #LZG-751089]: Accessing Thredds Satellite Data

Greetings!

Apologies on the delayed response. This is a known issue in the netCDF C
library that (apparently) is not fixed in 4.7.4. Feel free to follow along here:

  https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/issues/1614

Ryan

> Hello -
>
> I have started going through all of your MetPy Monday entries, and I just
> recently was working with the topics covered in MetPy Monday #11:
>
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/developer/en/entry/metpy-mondays-9-plotting-goes
>
> The only changes made to the code from what was provided was to update the
> url to the current server.  It seems to be pointing to the right directory
> - However, I am getting the following error:
>
> OSError: [Errno -45] NetCDF: Not a valid data type or _FillValue type
> mismatch: b'
> https://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/dodsC/satellite/goes/east/grb/ABI/CONUS/Channel08/20201206/OR_ABI-L1b-RadC-M6C08_G16_s20203410006098_e20203410008471_c20203410008564.nc
> '
>
> This seems to be a fairly common issue on github but I am not finding any
> real solutions.  Are you aware of any workarounds for this problem?

Ticket ID: LZG-751089
Department: Support Python