[NOAAPORT #PLP-597089]: NOAAPort ingest

Hi,

We drove your original question into the NOAAPort area of our inquiry
tracking system for response...

re:
> Yes i wonder if you could help me. I am a meteorologist and am retired
> after 42 years of forecasting. I'm interested in using AWIPS software
> to keep up with my forecasting even though i no longer forecast for
> any city or companies anymore. One question i have is that I have a
> 12' satellite dish/C Band and can receive the NWS signal from Galaxy
> 28 and realize they will be changing the signal to Galaxy 31 by
> January of 2023.

Excellent!

re:
> Your Awips software will i be able to send the signal
> from my NOVRA 300 receiver into the software or is it only used in
> conjunction with the internet?

No, AWIPS does not have the capability to process the UDP stream
that the Novra S300N sends out its Ethernet port.  The NOAAPort
component of the LDM, on the other hand, does provide the capability
to process the UDP stream into products which can then be sent
by the LDM component to a machine running EDEX ingest.

Since the LDM runs under *nix (Linux/Unix and MacOS-X) and not Windows,
you would need to run a Linux machine OR a Linux Virtual Machine; install
the LDM in it; and then configure it and the LDM on the EDEX side to
transfer the products to the EDEX side for processing.

Here are some links that should be useful as you investigate the
possibility outlined above:

Unidata HomePage
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Software -> LDM
  https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/

    LDM Reference
    https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/index.html

      NOAAPort Ingest
      https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/noaaport.html

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/utilities/noaaport/index.html

Please let us know if/when you have questions on setting up the NOAAPort
ingest portion of the LDM.

Ticket ID: PLP-597089
Department: Support NOAAPORT