[NOAAPORT #GGP-872890]: New Noaaport server with ldm

Hi Heather,

re:
> Here are your answers:

Ready...

re:
> My /etc/sysctl.conf file was empty, I only added in your
> entries.  I have my sysctl.conf file from my server with the
> old build. It has the entries you gave me plus more.

Was your old build/OS CentOS 7 also?  It is strange to me that
/etc/sysctl.conf was empty in your new build... I'll have to
chat with our system administrator about this unexpected
situation.

re:
> I added that one in and re-booted, but that didn't work either.
> I have attached it to this email

Thanks.

re:
> Here is the output of netstat -rn:
> [root@npingest etc]# netstat -rn
> Kernel IP routing table
> Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags   MSS Window  irtt Iface
> 0.0.0.0         10.2.15.1       0.0.0.0         UG        0 0          0 eno1
> 10.2.15.0       0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U         0 0          0 eno1
> 10.2.15.0       10.2.15.1       255.255.255.0   UG        0 0          0 eno1
> 169.254.0.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.0.0     U         0 0          0 eth1
> 192.168.0.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U         0 0          0 eth1
> 224.0.0.0       192.168.0.10    240.0.0.0       UG        0 0          0 eth1

This listing is exactly what I think it should be, so multicast routing
should work as expected.

re:
> I have had the firewalld completely disabled.  I changed to the iptables
> instead:
> [root@npingest ~]# systemctl status firewalld
> ? firewalld.service
> Loaded: masked (/dev/null; bad)
> Active: inactive (dead)

OK.  Was iptables turned off also?  The idea is to test with absolutely
no firewall interfering with the flow of UDP packets from the Novra.

re:
> I believe that my ldm build completed.  I did enter in the root password when
> prompted.  I have attached my make logs. Here are my listings for those
> files.  They look correct to me??
> [ldm@npingest bin]$ ls -alt ldmd
> -rwsr-xr--. 1 root ldm 69824 Feb 18 14:21 ldmd
> [ldm@npingest bin]$ ls -alt hupsyslog
> -rwsr-xr--. 1 root ldm 12736 Feb 18 14:21 hupsyslog
> [ldm@npingest bin]$ ls -alt noaaportIngester
> -rwsr-xr--. 1 root ldm 464256 Feb 18 14:21 noaaportIngester
> [ldm@npingest bin]$ ls -alt dvbs_multicast
> -rwsr-xr--. 1 root ldm 367688 Feb 18 14:21 dvbs_multicast

These look good!

re:
> I hope this helps!  I really appreciate the help!

All information helps, but the information has deepened the mystery
for me, at least.

re:
> I should be able to work on the system in the morning tomorrow
> for a bit.  Our heavy snow is supposed to start around dawn,
> and we are supposed to get sleet and freezing rain around noon.
> Our antenna always gets covered and stops ingesting with snow/ice.

OK.  The dish here in UCAR is an NWS installation made for COMET
several years ago for them to build training modules.  NWS NOAAPort
installations have heated dishes, so we rarely are affected by
the weather, at least, as far as NOAAPort goes.  Our GOES ingest,
on the other hand, is a different story, we have to sweep out our
dishes before the snow starts melting.

re:
> Thursday temps are supposed to reach the 50s, so it should be
> working again by thursday afternoon hopefully.

OK.

Will you be looking at work emails throughout the day today, or
will you be completely logged off while you weather the storm?

Ticket ID: GGP-872890
Department: Support NOAAPORT