[netCDF #RZM-326054]: NetCDF-Fortran hangs when outputting large arrays in parallel mode

Hello,

This is not a known issue.  You might try the latest version of netCDF-Fortran,
v4.6.1, available here:
https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-fortran/releases/tag/v4.6.1.  You can also
post your question to the netCDF mailing list; you can subscribe to the list
here:  https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/index.html#mailinglists

I hope this helps,

-Ward

> Dear netCDF support,
>
> This is Roman Olson, a researcher at the University of Tokyo, Kashiwa Campus.
>
> I would like to bring to your attention the following bug (feature)? My
> Fortran program hangs when outputting large arrays in parallel mode. The
> specific function in question is nf90_put_var. The dataset was created in
> parallel mode, and the variable access was set to collective. The variable is
> 3D (longitude, latitude, time). When I decrease the time dimension, I can
> output larger longitude/latitude chunks without hanging. When I use a larger
> number of processors, I can output larger datasets.
>
> My netCDF Fortran library has been compiled in parallel mode. My compiler
> information is as follows: ifort (IFORT) 19.0.3.199 20190206
> Copyright (C) 1985-2019 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved. netCDF
> information: netCDF-Fortran 4.6.0
> I am using Fortran coarrays.
>
> Could you please let me know if this is a bug, and whether there is any way
> to solve it?
>
> Cheers and thanks,
>
> Roman Olson
> P. S. Is there a netCDF discussion forum where I can post similar questions?
>
> Roman Olson
> Researcher, Hydrology Lab
> Institute of Industrial Science
> University of Tokyo