[netCDF #RIJ-233366]: Help with compiling/installing netcdf-fortran-4.6.0

Hello,

This is a new issue that I haven't seen before, and is further complicated by
the fact that I don't have access to the PGI/F compilers. I'm looking at the
lines they reference and I can see what the compiler is complaining about, but
I am not certain why it is complaining, or why the same code compiles fine with
`gfortran`.

I will investigate as best I can, but you might reach out to the netcdf group
mailing list; we have a large community of people using the Portland Group
compilers.  I'm surprised nobody else has reported this issue. You can find
information about the mailing list here:
investigate, but reaching out to the community might also be worthwhile.

Thanks,

-Ward

> Hello,
>
> I am helping a scientist build netcdf4-fortran and generally following the
> procedure at
> https://docs.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf-c/current/building_netcdf_fortran.html
>
> We are using a Portland Group Fortran compiler: pgf90 and I believe I have
> compiled/installed the required libraries as detailed in
> https://docs.unidata.ucar.edu/nug/current/getting_and_building_netcdf.html .
> szip, zlib, hdf5, netcdf-c in that order.
>
> When I get to netcdf-fortran-4.6.0 , in the make check step I get stuck with
> the following:
>
> make check
> local/include -I. -g -c module_netcdf_nc_data.F90  -fpic -o
> .libs/module_netcdf_nc_data.o
> PGF90-S-0310-Illegal statement in the specification part of a MODULE
> (module_netcdf_nc_data.F90: 184)
> PGF90-S-0310-Illegal statement in the specification part of a MODULE
> (module_netcdf_nc_data.F90: 185)
> PGF90-S-0310-Illegal statement in the specification part of a MODULE
> (module_netcdf_nc_data.F90: 186)
> PGF90-S-0081-Illegal selector - KIND value must be non-negative
> (module_netcdf_nc_data.F90: 214)
> PGF90-S-0081-Illegal selector - KIND value must be non-negative
> (module_netcdf_nc_data.F90: 214)
> PGF90-W-0155-MODULE PROCEDURE not defined: dummy (module_netcdf_nc_data.F90:
> 426)
> 0 inform,   1 warnings,   5 severes, 0 fatal for netcdf_nc_data
>
> I have attached a few files that might help.
>
> Would you be able to guide me in finishing?
>
> Thank you,
> --
> Jay Patel
> Lead Systems Administrator
> National Snow and Ice Data Center
> Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences
> University of Colorado at Boulder
>
> E-Mail: address@hidden<mailto:address@hidden> / address@hidden
> Phone: (303)735-4655

Ticket ID: RIJ-233366