[netCDF #EJY-773900]: Request for help in understanding and solving an error

Hello,

Unfortunately, it looks like WRF was not built with debugging symbols enabled;
while netCDF-Fortran was part of the stack trace, it is unclear where,
downstream, the issue is from this backtrace.  You may have better luck
contacting the WRF team to see if they can offer support, or provide
instructions for building WRF with debugging symbols enabled, so that the
backtrace might provide more actionable information.

I hope this helps, have a good day,

-Ward

> Hi,
> I am trying to run WRF model and when I try to use one of the modules, this
> error keeps popping up:
>
> Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory
> reference.
>
> Backtrace for this error:
> #0  0x7f8e67bbb2ed in ???
> #1  0x7f8e67bba503 in ???
> #2  0x7f8e6721f03f in ???
> #3  0x7f8e66eefb1a in ???
> #4  0x7f8e66efd924 in ???
> #5  0x7f8e66edd134 in ???
> #6  0x7f8e66ee339c in ???
> #7  0x7f8e66ee5523 in ???
> #8  0x7f8e66eaa149 in ???
> #9  0x7f8e66eab942 in ???
> #10  0x7f8e67f9aa71 in c_ncvgt
> at
> /mnt/d/WRF/libraries/netcdf-fortran-4.5.3/fortran/nf_v2compat.c:1221
> #11  0x7f8e67f9cd9e in ncvgt_
> at
> /mnt/d/WRF/libraries/netcdf-fortran-4.5.3/fortran/nf_fortv2.f90:1093
> #12  0x7f8e6864a129 in ???
> #13  0x7f8e6866aff7 in ???
> #14  0x7f8e68601f42 in ???
> #15  0x7f8e67201bf6 in ???
> #16  0x7f8e68601f79 in ???
> #17  0xffffffffffffffff in ???
> /mnt/d/WRFV4.0/WRFDA/var/scripts/gen_be/gen_be_stage0_wrf.ksh: line 92:
> 31740: Memory fault(coredump)
>
> Since I don't really have much idea about the WRF source code as such, I am
> having trouble understanding what is going wrong. Could you please help me
> figure out what the issue is and how it can possibly be solved?
>
> Thanks,
> Gayatri.

Ticket ID: EJY-773900
Department: Support netCDF