[netCDF #CWC-499413]: FW: Need assistance - USCG-SAR netCDF particle files

Hello,

The command-line tools used for working with netCDF files, packaged with
libnetcdf, do not provide an easy way to combine/merge individual files.  To do
what you're suggesting, a post-processing script using the netcdf4-python
package (available from https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf4-python), written in
python, might be best.  This approach would require opening the individual
files in question, aggregating the data from individual files, and either
appending to a third file (as you suggest, along an UNLIMITED dimension), or
writing out to a newly created file.  You might also look at the NetCDF
Operators (NCO) tools, available here: http://nco.sourceforge.net, as they may
offer functionality that will do what you're looking for.  The NCO package,
maintained externally, provides more complex functionality than the ncdump,
nccopy and ncgen tools Unidata provides.

I'm sorry I can't provide an off-the-shelf solution that Unidata maintains, but
hopefully this will get you started in the right direction!

Have a good afternoon,

-Ward

Ticket ID: CWC-499413
Department: Support netCDF