[netCDF #KVZ-364542]: Question about netcdf DLL file for visual studios 2017

Hi Brian,

We don't provide a native C# library, and I am not familiar with the error code
you're seeing.  A little bit of research suggests that the problem isn't an
invalid library but rather the way in which the library is being linked
against.  The best reference I could find appears to be a bit dated, but is
perhaps a good place to start:

*
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7080447/i-want-a-solution-for-this-please-make-sure-that-the-file-is-accessible-and-th

I'd be happy to help you build a version using the Visual Studio C compiler,
although we have not yet tested it with the newest 2017 community edition.  I
have no reason to believe it won't work, however.

In order to build netCDF in Windows, you will need to install cmake
(http://cmake.org) and hdf5 (if you need netCDF4 support, http://hdfgroup.org).
 Once these are installed, I can help you get netCDF installed as well.

I hope this helps,

-Ward

> Hi my name is Brian McDevitt and I am an intern at NASA Goddard Space
> Flight Center. For the project I am working on I am using Microsoft's
> Scientific DataSet library in order to read data from .nc files in C#
> scripts. In order to read netcdf data I need to add a reference to
> the netcdf.dll.  Microsoft Scientific DataSet provides one for netcdf4
> however when I try to add a reference to it in Visual Studios it says to
> "check that it is a valid assembly or COM component". I have tried to
> download the prebuilt Windows library from your website and use that
> instead and I run into the same problem.  I have also tried to build my
> own library from the source code, but could not follow the instructions.
>
> Is there a prebuilt library somewhere where I can download that would
> work with Visual Studios 2017 C#? If not could you help me out with
> building my own from the source?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

Ticket ID: KVZ-364542